Successful OWASP Top 10 Security Testing for our customer
Pune, India, Wednesday, April 22, 2016 – Security must begin at the top of an organization. It is a leadership issue, and the chief executive must set the example — heard at a security conference. You would agree, won’t you?
Nitor has a core software product engineering DNA with specialization in IT engineering management practices – Software Product Engineering, Analytics Engineering, QA and Test Automation, and Enterprise Mobility services. Our track record boasts of creating world-class products and services with cutting-edge technologies across domains.
We are committed to customer success and delight through service delivery excellence and value additions. With this customer excellence focus, we recently conducted OWASP Top 10 Security Testing for our customer.
Our customer is a leading USA organization that provides customized patient portals for Chronic Disease Management (CDM). Nitor Infotech Pro offers the most comprehensive web application penetration testing capabilities and has performed security testing on multiple healthcare applications. Like this one, most healthcare applications deal with critical patient data and security compliances. Critical data may include patient health records, payment information, account details, and identity details. Naturally, security is of utmost significance for healthcare applications.
While our Security testing approach for this customer, we have evaluated the product for
- OWAPS top 10 Vulnerability list
- OWASP cheat sheets, development guides and testing guides
- Detection and application vulnerability identifying major application vulnerability issues (Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Misconfigurations, Sensitive Data Exposure and Session management)
- Detailed Analysis report with recommended solutions
Following are the direct benefits to the customer
- Defects Identified – 6 Major Security Breaches and 7 code issues
- Saved Downtime – 79 Hours
- Direct cost saved – Thousands of dollars (loss of trust and reputation is far more expensive than this)
- Established best coding practices to avoid further security breaches saving 8.5% of development efforts
- Completed the security assessment in 15 working days and covered 40 Portals of 2 major customer products
By exposing and addressing the security threats, product compliance as per OWASP Top 10 security guidelines has been achieved (certified by third party renowned test services). We also established best coding practices to avoid further security breaches.
To resolve your business problems and/or know more about our security testing framework “Naccelerate-ST”, please write to us at [email protected]